Wednesday, August 25, 2010

As I saw goodbye for those going to their new schools- now home, learning environment, dining area, and recreational site- I try and envision myself stepping off the plane and arriving in another country. New air. New people. New buildings. Leave behind any worries and open my arms to something fresh and beautiful.

A book that I have been reading on and off all summer has been a slap in the face as a reminder that if I want to get what I want, I need to step my game up NOW.
The Other 90%, by Robert K. Cooper is not a typical story of success, rather a necessary tool to massage your mind and soul; a reminder that you CAN do what you love and create natural success; and what you project outward is reflected from within.

Though we tend to neglect the truth of our connectedness to the world and all its inhabitants, it truly is the key to creating success. "Caring is the glue," he states, "that holds all this together and enables people to shine."
Rather than constantly being so determined to one-up your neighbor, get the better grade, cut someone off on the road or in line, look prettier than your ex's new lover, and so on, decide that all of that doesn't matter. RUN YOUR OWN RACE. If we want to excel, we must not only use what we've been given- with the absence of competitive nature- but we must also reach beyond those human qualities to our personal, greatest potentials. Cheer the others on, let others see your light, and let them know WHAT YOU SEE IN THEIRS.




Maybe where young but that doesn't make us last

No comments:

Post a Comment