Thursday, August 19, 2010

Counting down the days until everyone heads back to their new lives.
It's amazing how as we grow, we adapt to so many different environments and how quickly those worlds that at one point seemed so far from one another and so disconnected suddenly collide. Previous to my college experience, I wondered what my life would be like when I returned home; if things would start to look and feel different; if my friends would change simultaneously with my shift in surroundings. Well, things definitely changed and there was no good or bad, because those adjectives are really meaningless. But now, I have found that each of those worlds were really one all along. It's just our perception of where we are at a given point and where we think we will be headed next.

Currently sitting on a bed of a favorite girl's house in a small town in PA. It amazes me how I can go a place so many times, travel the same road over and over, and still find something different about the path that I took.

So, back to transitions and worlds colliding and BLAHBLAHBLAH.
Leaving for another country in one month and a handle or two of days. I always wonder what new "firsts" I'll experience each year. So far I have put color in my hair and cut it shorter than I've ever had it, commuted to school, and lots of other non-thrilling things. I am imagining right now what I'll be adding to the list as I hop onto a plane to go to another country. I guess that is something more prolific than learning to count to ten in French.


Cheesey Tempeh Sammies
Ingredients:

  • Your choice of Tempeh (I prefer the grainy ones for this recipe in particular)
  • Rice/Soy cheese
  • Sunflower Bread
  • Hummus/Favorite Spread
  • Sprouts

Take the Tempeh and cut into two sections, and then in halves (width-wise) so that you have four thin squares. Cook Tempeh on a skillet or griddle until golden brown and remove, adding slices of cheese to each and sandwiching them together (this recipe makes two sandwiches). Sunflower bread can be spread with hummus, pesto, or your favorite condiment. Place sprouts on top, then cheesey tempeh, then close with other piece of sunflower bread.

Simple, easy peezy, and enjoyable.

And I Told You To Be Patient

And I Told You To Be Fine

I Told You To Be Balanced

I Told You To Be Kind

Closing time. Until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment