Tuesday, April 28, 2009

>>4/28
"Inequalities of appearance are redressed by government plastic surgeons, but the scalpel isn't used to make everyone beautiful - it's used to make everyone plain." 
I think what has kept fashion so close to my heart (and so filling in my closet) is the idea of expression. 
I always feel such an appreciation toward the girl/guy who will take the road less traveled, so something a little crazy, be bold. It takes guts to display something that hasn't been seen on a regular basis because anything that is considered different is also linked to being weird or inadequate to the means of society's standards (whatever weird means and whatever the standards may be considered). However, I have come to find that being a part of that "outside" area is quite comfortable. Besides, there's so much more out there if you're just willing to let it all in. 
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc
Although I'm not a fan of forcing model's to be emaciated, I do really have a love for Twiggy. Even now that she no
 longer appears to be the icon she was, I look at an old picture of her and am encapsulated. The way that she could gaze into the camera with bulging eyes always makes me wonder what was going on in that little head. I recently realized that most of my fashion is influenced by the 60s. I can't pinpoint one specific time period that I could fall into as far as daily fashion is concerned, 
but I feel most connected with that of the sixties. Maybe since this was a time when music was blazing full throttle, freedom began to ring (in terms of expression), and color was beginning to come into play (since women were limited in attire and everything imaginable) it just rings all of my bells. So, Louis Vuitton is ringing right in my direction with the fall/winter 09-10 collection. I am more than okay with the volume and vibrancy, popping patterns, and frock and fringe. Bring it on, Louis! 


As I'm swallowed by the depths of sleepiness, i will say goodnight and hope for a day as bright as the sun which will be perched somewhere behind the cloudy sky tomorrow. 

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: 
"Fashion is health, it is the moral code of which he unfashionable is nothing but illness or diversion."

No comments:

Post a Comment