Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Don't pay me, Pay it forward."
My inspirtation of the day.
A woman that I work with, Louise, is the sunshine of my mornings. There are always threads of stories that evovle into other stories, and so on. Today, this phrase slapped me in the face. I believe that I do "pay it forward," but I'm sure that we've walked around at one point another, expecting something back. It's human nature to look for recognition of some sort, and it helps us keep not only self-confident, but build our ego. But if we can look at the life and those who surround us as equals, who deserve what we wish for rather than get what we deserve, maybe the positivity could pay forward a lot more than a borrowed dollar or a piece of gum.

New Year, New You.
I feel so fresh, returning to school with a new outlook on many things I have collected over break, a new haircut, some warmer clothes, and the simple idea of NEW.
I know I've said it multiple times before, but what if we celebrated each day as something new? Imagine the possibilites of having new eyes for the things that we view as familiar, boring, or insignificant? I can remember viewing things for the first time when I was younger, such as the back of a CD, whose shiny-ness and rainbow-like reflection made me smile and brought curiosity to my mind each time I viewed it. The details in the sweater I'm wearing, which are created simply by the technique to which the threads stay together. The fact that such a thing can be done, and the fabric doesn't just fall off of my body into a million strands. The screen in front of me, which is mesmerizing and allows me to read books, adds one thousand and three plus fourty-five, and can tell me how to get from Pittsburgh to Miami.
There are so many things that we see each and every day that are, essentially, more technical than we may ever view them. Or, rather than technical, simply fascinating. I give credit to each and every object, organism, and person I view. There is nothing large or small. I am viewing it with new, wonderous eyes.
Here I come, world!

Latest Obsession:
Cowl Neck. If you have a long neck that you wish to hide, have no fear- The COWL is here.
Cowl neck and turtleneck sweaters were always interesting-looking to me when I was younger. For some reason, I didn't "understand" as I did a regular neckline. Now, as a long and lanky lady, I appreciate the beauty of a turtleneck or a cowl neck garment, which not only keeps me SUPER warm during the winter days, but also allows for my long neck (and limbs) to appear a bit more full in a fabulous way. Like adding volume to a flat head of hair, these garments will be attractive, without drawing unwanted attention like an embellishment, such as sequins.
ENJOY IF YOU DARE.

I decided that I didn't want to add any pictures into this post.
I wonder if anyone will actually read this, but regardless, these are some thoughts of today, with some influence of yesterday and some hopes for tomorrow.

If you read this, may you have a wide-eyed and wonderous day, filled with NEW and exciting things. Open your eyes to things that you see at every turn, even if they don't appear as interesting at first glance. Here's to appreciation of the little things, or the immeasurable things.

CHEERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment