Saturday, January 16, 2010


January 16.
So. I've never actually seen the show, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia." I do, however, believe its title to be true.
Just like any ordinary place on this earth, sometimes it rains here. Sometimes it snows. Sometimes its so hot that its sticky to the point of discomfort. When you're having a shitty day, it's a shitty day.
Yet there's something about the city that when you take a really close look, it still has the sunshine. Maybe it's just me, but I know that when I look around me and see the history of this place, knowing that I can now call it home, I feel pretty lucky. Yes, many people consider a city (especially this one, which has a bad rep.) an unsafe living environment. I'd like to think its "issues" are more well publicized than other areas. This is all a story, but so is whatever a majority of the population may believe, too. My connection with the energy and atmosphere around me has led me to believe that no matter what Mother Nature has in store, we can always consider it,
"sunny in Philadelphia."

It never fails to amaze me how quickly time can pass.
I think that I
looked at the clock
all of five times today, with about a three-five hour gap between
each of those times.
Walking the city blocks, without a care in the world, arm in arm
with a significant other,
smelling that city air, being too cold to notice, and just appreciating the perks of being alive
and well. They make time disappear. A limit to the day is nonexistent.
As one of my professors stated the first day of class- who
I already appreciate extensively- "There is no such thing as
the future. There is no such thing as the present. There
isonly here. Why do we have so much trouble understanding
that?"


FUN FACT:
Zooey Deschanel has the same middle name as me.
too bad she was born first.

No comments:

Post a Comment